WELCOME BACK Golden Well CSA FRIENDS!
We're SO excited you're considering joining us for another delicious CSA season of veggies!!
We're continuing to grow in the fertile soils of the Old Nash Farm for the season ahead! And, as we move forward, we are so grateful to have the support of our community! We had the best time getting to know all of you last year and it makes us smile to think about how we'll all continue to grow together, connected by food and healthy choices for our bodies and the earth. CSA is really the heart of our farm and will continue to be for years to come. We're looking forward to taking this journey together, becoming better farmers and growing closer in community!
And with new growth and opportunity, there are a few upcoming changes we wanted to tell you about this year...
- Length of season: We're extending our season to 20 weeks! (We had so much extra produce at the end of the last season, we might even add an additional Fall Share CSA option. We'll keep you posted on that!)
- Early Bird Bonus Week: If you sign up by 4/15, you'll get a bonus week, making 21 weeks of pick up!
- Size of Small Share Increase: We've increased our small share to 6 items instead of 5. Medium and Large are the same as last year.
- Pricing: The price of a share has slightly increased to reflect both the changes in the size and in the number of pickups. Your 1st year member discount entitles you to 10% off this year and next! (Prices and discounts shown below)
- Pick up locations: We'll still be offering pick up at Vergennes Farmers' Market, but will no longer be attending the Middlebury Market. We're also still deciding about Shelburne pick up and will attend that market only if at least 5 folks sign up for pick up there. We'll also be adding Farm Pick up in New Haven at the Old Nash Farm (many of you joined us there for the last pick up). Please indicate your pick-up location when you sign up for your share. Note that this location will be your main pick up spot with some flexibility in changing location as needed. Do talk to us if times and locations aren't working for you, we can work something out.
- Choices: We're offering a farm-stand experience when you pick up directly from the farm this year, where you can choose all of your own items in a farm stand setting! (What fun!)
- Set Boxes at Farmers' Markets Pick Up: We'll only be offering 2 options of set boxes when you pick up at Farmers' Market (farmer's choice A & B) with a trade table that you'll be able to swap out items if you prefer something other than what's in your box. Here's an example: box A: carrots, onions, broccoli, lettuce, kale, string beans, and box B: cucumbers, tomatoes, basil, chard, eggplant, peppers..you rather have basil than carrots so you put your carrots on the trade table and find someone has swapped their basil there so you grab that instead.
- Increased variety: We'll be adding more herbs, flowers and strawberries to our shares this year. We're also planning to plant some sweet corn! And, our crop rotation will include earlier carrots, spinach, more broccoli, cauliflower and brussel sprouts.
- New payment plans available.
Please do let us know if you have any questions, suggestions or comments.
We look forward to growing for you all!
With Thanks, Love and Smiles,
Nicole, Ryan and Miela